xAPI queries allow Learning Record Providers, or Activity Providers, to retrieve statements from the LRS to create a more robust learning experience for the student. But not all parts of the xAPI statements can be queried. You must be careful and thoughtful about how you ask the LRS for activity statements. This video explores what types of queries can be sent to an LRS.
- [Instructor] Once you start sending statements…to your LRS and build up a fair bit of data,…you're probably going to want to start…getting those statements back out.…And one way to retrieve statements from your…learning record store is by using xAPI queries.…Queries let you get the data from the learning record store…for use in an activity.…Think adaptive learning.…Before you send those queries, you need to have…some questions in mind though.…What do you want to know?…What information can tell me that?…And you need to know what questions to ask…and how to phrase those questions…to get the answers you're looking for.…
You need to know what data is available,…what verbs are used, what activities were used,…how were the actors defined?…Did they use inbox or account information,…that sort of thing.…And case does matter, just as a reminder.…We'll discuss that more in the next lesson.…When you ask the question of your LRS,…you send the query, you can only ask certain types…of questions and query on certain elements.…
- Setting up an LRS in SCORM Cloud or Veracity
- Building an xAPI statement
- Using xAPI extensions
- Sending statements to an LRS
- Recording video plays
- Recording quiz results
- Querying the LRS
- Correlating LRS data for more insights
- Using xAPI for adaptive learning
Skill Level Beginner
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
What you should know1m 48s
1. Introduction to xAPI
2. Anatomy of xAPI Statements
3. Working with Statements
4. Getting Statements from Your LRS
Next steps2m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.