xAPI offers a lot of power and flexibility that far exceeds what an introductory course can cover. This video offers topics you may want to continue to explore, along with some suggested reading to learn more about xAPI and how to get the greatest benefit for your courses and other training products.
- [Instructor] We've only skimmed the surface…of xAPI in this course, there's still a lot more out there…to learn.…One of the things that you might find very interesting…are the xAPI profiles.…These are a common syntax and vocabulary to describe…related activities such as handling media files or practices…of a trade and they allow for more interoperability…across reporting tools because everyone's using an agreed…upon language and you can find more at the link…on your screen.…But two I want to call out are the CMI5 profile,…which is sometimes referred to as xAPI with rules,…this is an important one because it describes how your…learning record provider or activity provider communicates…with a learning management system.…
You can find more information on that at the link here…on your screen, or we have the video profile which describes…how to collect and report media interactions and again,…you can find more from that link on your screen.…We also have an entire section of xAPI that we didn't…even talk about, the document APIs.…
- Setting up an LRS in SCORM Cloud or Veracity
- Building an xAPI statement
- Using xAPI extensions
- Sending statements to an LRS
- Recording video plays
- Recording quiz results
- Querying the LRS
- Correlating LRS data for more insights
- Using xAPI for adaptive learning
Skill Level Beginner
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
What you should know1m 48s
1. Introduction to xAPI
2. Anatomy of xAPI Statements
3. Working with Statements
4. Getting Statements from Your LRS
Next steps2m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.