When using the Litmos platform to create courses and add content, learn how you have the ability to switch to learner view to view the site from the perspective of the learner. Find out how this is a great way to ensure that your content appears the way you want it to.
- [Instructor] Throughout this course, I'll be logged in as Samuel Kerner, an employee from KinetEco, who has the ability to go in and edit courses, add courses, edit users, teams, learning paths, and more. I want to point out, however, that, inside of Litmos, you can take on the perspective of the learner. And this is something that I recommend that you do from time to time. Now, at any time, you can go in the upper right hand corner and, from this drop-down menu, select Switch to Learner View. When I do this, I'll see what it looks like for the learner.
I'll receive this message saying "this is the trainee view "that your learners will see when they log in." I'm going to click off of this. And you'll see what the dashboard will look like for the learner. In other words, here will be the different cards showing the courses that exist inside of here. Off to the side, we'll see news, we'll have access to the calendar, recent achievements, and more. So, as you begin to create your course and add different elements, I highly suggest that, from time to time, you switch over to the learner view to see what it will look like for your learners.
When you're done, you can simply go back to the admin view and begin editing your courses again.
- Customizing your profile settings
- Roles and permissions
- Email templates
- Creating a new course and learning path
- Uploading and embedding content
- Customizing assessment settings
- Adding additional resources
- Managing users and teams
- Creating customized reports
Skill Level Beginner
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Profile and Account Settings
2. Create a New Course or Learning Path
3. Add Content to a Course
4. Manage Users and Teams
Overview of reports2m 26s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.