Understanding your audience is key to getting the content and format of your project right. Serious or funny? Short and sweet or long format? This video helps you identify the appropriate target audience for your video.
- Would you sign yourself for a standup comedy night … and get on stage only to talk about something … super serious and heart wrenching, likely not. … And if you do, you might end up with some boos … and not the best feedback. … Think of this scenario kind of like doing a video … before understanding who your audience is. … If you don't define your audience from the start, … no matter how compelling or engaging your video is, … you run the risk of having your training completely lost … in the process. … Before I start any video, … I like to envision who I'm talking to … and ask these questions. … What problems are they having? … What's the solution that I have for them … to ease any constraints? … I know this sounds silly but give them a name, … give them a personality and speak to them with personality. … The more you can identify with them … as if you're speaking to a friend, … the more that they connect with you … and the information that you're giving them, … and the more that they trust you. …
- Why is video valuable for training?
- Creating an outline
- Knowing your audience
- Keeping your viewers engaged
- Identifying resources
- Writing an outline
- Hiring a copywriter
- Using attention resets
- Teaching with screen capture
- Planning the logistics of a video shoot