In this video, learn how to add alt text to content on a slide to ensure Section 508 compliance and pick and choose what objects are included to be recognized by accessibility tools.
- [Instructor] Accessibility can be very important … even mandatory in your Storyline 360 projects, … so we're going to explore some accessibility tools … built into Storyline 360 as we continue building … our RT30 Background Project 0403 if you're catching up. … We're on slide five here in our first scene … where we have text, a shape, and video. … Let's talk about different impairments. … We'll start with hearing impairments. … For people who can't hear the audio, … you'll want to include closed captioning. … Now audio can be an audio file on its own … or can be part of a video file. … Let's say for example our robot video here … as we select it, when we go up to Options … you'll notice there is a Closed Captions section … on the ribbon. … This will also apply to straight audio files … that don't include video. … To add captions, we can click Add Captions, … opens up a separate window, and now we can … go up here to Insert a Caption. … If you already have them typed out you can import them, …
- Elearning content basics
- Creating a project from slides or from scratch
- Setting preferences and project defaults
- Inserting and linking scenes
- Using triggers and timings
- Previewing content
- Adjusting slide and player properties
- Adding and editing images and characters
- Creating and editing buttons
- Adding external media
- Ensuring accessibility
- Adding assessment questions
- Publishing a course online
- Publishing handouts to Microsoft Word
Skill Level Beginner
Increasing Engagement with Elearning Programswith Ajay Pangarkar1h 11m Intermediate
1. Get Started
Understand elearning basics4m 33s
2. Build a Presentation
3. Use Assets and Elements
4. Work with Media
5. Assess Elearning
6. Publish Your Project
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.