The Litmos dashboard is the main hub for your Litmos account. Explore the newest version of Litmos, which allows you to customize your dashboard and give you quick access to many helpful tools.
- [Instructor] After creating the Litmos account, the first place you'll want to familiarize yourself with is the dashboard. This will be the homepage for your Litmos experience, allowing you to access and create courses, users, reports, and more. Now, if you've used Litmos in the past, you'll notice that the dashboard is a little different. Recently, Litmos upgraded its platform, making the dashboard more dynamic and customizable. In order to customize your dashboard, in the upper right hand corner, you can click on Manage Dashboards. From here, you'll see the admin dashboard, and, currently, it's set at the default dashboard.
But, in the upper right, I can click here to create a new dashboard. I can give it a title, a description, make it my default dashboard if I want, and then I can select the layout that I would like to have. And, once you do that, you'll be able to select the widgets that will appear here. So, in other words, if I click here, I can choose the widget. For instance, do I want activity, Metrics, or a Reports Glance? And I can go up to the top here to add new widgets and you'll see that there's even more options. We have Metrics, News, Quick Actions, Recently Viewed, and a Reports Glance.
I'm going to cancel this and return back to my dashboard. And, for the sake of this course, I'm going to use the default dashboard. Let's take a look at that. So, here in the middle is the dashboard and up at the top we have access to some of our elements. First of all, total courses, there are 22 courses in my account. I can click on here to access them. We have nine users signed up, 22 active courses, and nine active users. Below this, we get some of our reports. So, here is historical data.
Now, I currently don't have anyone enrolled in my courses, so you won't see a lot of the charts filled out here, but this is where you can see different historical data, such as courses completed, total courses, active courses, and more. Here is the Modules Require Marking. This is a space that lets you know if there's anything that you need to grade as the instructor or administrator. Right now, I do have one thing in here that I need to grade, so I could go ahead and click on Go to Marking and access that. To the right of this, I have the quick actions.
This allows me to quickly create a course, create a user, or create a team. Below this, we have Activity telling us activity that's taken place on the platform. We have the activity from our past 30 days, including unique logins, eCommerce sales, and courses completed. Off to the right, we have Recently Viewed, so we can see different courses, teams, and people that have been viewed. And, down below, we have News. So, familiarize yourself with the dasHboard, because it is an important element of your Litmos platform.
- Customizing your profile settings
- Roles and permissions
- Email templates
- Creating a new course and learning path
- Uploading and embedding content
- Customizing assessment settings
- Adding additional resources
- Managing users and teams
- Creating customized reports