Learn how to find and apply built-in themes to a project to create consistent visual interest, including background objects and color schemes.
- [Instructor] To keep your learner's attention…when viewing your completed Captivate project,…you'll want to ensure that it is visually interesting.…And one way to do that is to apply a theme.…Theme is just a set of backgrounds and objects…and colors that are going to be used in your project.…I like to set up the theme I'm going to be working with…early on in the project so I can see…as I'm creating new slides, exactly what I'm going to get.…As opposed to applying the theme after the fact…and having to make adjustments to many, many slides.…
So, while we've just started our responsive project…and you can open up Red 30 0205 if you're catching up.…We only have a couple of slides.…Using the default theme, which is very plain at this point.…You can see in the background here the color being used…is kind of an off-white.…If we go to slide two it's black text.…You can see a gray shading and really,…not all that interesting to look at.…But we can set up the theme now.…And as we add additional slides…they'll continue to use the theme…
- Explore how to build, preview, and close projects.
- Create responsive projects.
- Use Fluid Boxes to make your work more flexible.
- Edit master slides.
- Add and program buttons.
- Select the best file format for your project.
- Add closed captions and voiceovers.
- Explore other eLearning platforms, including SCORMs.
Skill Level Beginner
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
Adobe Captivate for Systems Trainingwith Anastasia McCune2h 56m Intermediate
Captivate Draft: Storyboardingwith Oliver Schinkten37m 38s Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Build a Project
3. Use Assets and Interactions
4. Work with Media
5. Assess Elearning
6. Publish Your Project
7. New Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.