Learn how to add closed captioning to a slide that has narration, and synchronize the closed captioning text with the audio as it plays on a slide.
- [Instructor] If you plan on using narration…in your Captivate 2019 project and there's no text…on the slide to back up what you're saying,…you might consider using closed captioning.…That's what we're going to explore in this movie…with our Red 30 New Hire Orientation Project 0404,…if you're catching up, we're on slide one.…Currently we have a special sound effect…that's going to play when our Red 30 logo appears.…We have some text, New Hire Orientation…and Continue, not a lot of instruction here.…
In the next chapter we're gonna be building a quiz…so maybe right from this slide…we want to give learners the option…to continue with the learning or go directly…to the quiz, so we need a second button.…Let's move our Continue button over to the left here…and duplicate it by right-clicking…and choosing Duplicate, you'll see…the keyboard shortcut, as well.…Now we can move this duplicate button…over to the right and relabel it.…Let's double click to get inside, double click to select…the text and type…Go To Quiz,…like so.…
- Explore how to build, preview, and close projects.
- Create responsive projects.
- Use Fluid Boxes to make your work more flexible.
- Edit master slides.
- Add and program buttons.
- Select the best file format for your project.
- Add closed captions and voiceovers.
- Explore other eLearning platforms, including SCORMs.
Skill Level Beginner
Adobe Captivate for Systems Trainingwith Anastasia McCune2h 56m Intermediate
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
Captivate Draft: Storyboardingwith Oliver Schinkten37m 38s Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Build a Project
3. Use Assets and Interactions
4. Work with Media
5. Assess Elearning
6. Publish Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.