Marley shows you what's involved in creating video content—and what elements you want to include so that your video is fun and engaging. This course helps you define all the basic elements you need to make your videos fun and engaging.
- So, you need to make a video. … Using video for training is a great way … to reach and engage your audience, if it's done right. … There are some key elements you need, that, … if not used, run you the risk of creating a video … that doesn't engage and retain your audience. … So let's get started with the key elements … that you need to create an effective video. … Let's talk about outline. … It's the game plan before you even hit Record. … You want to lay out exactly what you're going to be … talking about in your video, … so you don't end up with an hour of rambling. … Plan out the purpose and the goal of your video … and create a script. … It can be a full script or in bullet points. … This is a great time to plan out where you want … your visual cues to cut in for even better retention. … Doing this also improves your efficiency … when filming and during the editing process. … With the meat and potatoes of your video in place, … you want to think about your messaging. … What's the end goal for your audience? …
- Why is video valuable for training?
- Creating an outline
- Knowing your audience
- Keeping your viewers engaged
- Identifying resources
- Writing an outline
- Hiring a copywriter
- Using attention resets
- Teaching with screen capture
- Planning the logistics of a video shoot