In this video, learn how to locate and add text balloons to a character already placed on a slide in your project and personalize the dialog to your learner.
- [Narrator] When working with built in characters, … you'll often also work with captions, … sometimes referred to as ballon text. … In our case, in our RT30 Background project, 0303, … if you're catching up, … we've added a character, … but she seems to be speaking and not saying anything. … So we're going to add a caption and some text … to instruct our learners what to do next … from this very first quiz slide. … Let's go up to insert. … From here, we'll go over to caption. … Now caption, … you'll notice when you click the drop-down, … has several different shapes. … We have squared corners, rounded corners. … We also have some ovals and even clouds … which are more of a thought bubble … than somebody speaking. … This is the one we're going to go with. … You can see that it has an actual pointer … that is adjustable. … So we'll select it, … click and drag to draw our initial shape, … and when we release, … you'll notice a little yellow handle that we can use … to drag this pointer right up close to the mouth …
- Elearning content basics
- Creating a project from slides or from scratch
- Setting preferences and project defaults
- Inserting and linking scenes
- Using triggers and timings
- Previewing content
- Adjusting slide and player properties
- Adding and editing images and characters
- Creating and editing buttons
- Adding external media
- Ensuring accessibility
- Adding assessment questions
- Publishing a course online
- Publishing handouts to Microsoft Word
Skill Level Beginner
Increasing Engagement with Elearning Programswith Ajay Pangarkar1h 11m Intermediate
1. Get Started
Understand elearning basics4m 33s
2. Build a Presentation
3. Use Assets and Elements
4. Work with Media
5. Assess Elearning
6. Publish Your Project
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.