- Writing the project challenge
- Choosing the right final product and audience
- Letting students conduct the investigation
- Scaffolding the project
- Assessing the project process and final product
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- In today's educational space, teachers are seeking ways in which to prepare students for the high-stakes testing reality in which we live, while simultaneously challenging students to go deeper in their learning. Project-based learning promotes both critical thinking and a focus on significant content in order to meet both of these needs, and that's what this course is all about. My name is Dayna Laur, and I'm a veteran educator, consultant, and author. In this course I want to share with you the fundamentals of project-based learning.
I'll talk about how to write a project challenge while staying focused on your content and standards. I'll then discuss how to scaffold this process to make sure that your students are ready to share their final products. I'll also help prepare you to assess your students in order to ensure that they have reached mastery in their learning. Putting together a great project-based learning experience isn't all about following a recipe. It's about enhancing your best teaching practices to make learning more authentic and relevant for your students.