Join Kevin Kelly for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Social Media in the Classroom.
I want to thank you for joining me…throughout this course Social Media in the Classroom.…Let's look at some next steps.…First and foremost I hope you'll keep coming back…to lynda.com. for ideas and strategies.…This course will be here when you need it.…If you're looking for other lynda.com courses that…compliment what you learned here…about Social Media in the Classroom then here are a few…a few to check out.…Review the course up and running with Twitter…with Maria Langer.…Scroll through the chapters in the weekly video series…Teacher Tips with Erin Quigley.…
And check out some articles like the Teacher Tips…Using Social Media in the Classroom by Ashley Kennedy.…If you want to know about other good sources…of information about Social Media in the Classroom…I can start you off with a few.…Visit edutopia.org and click the Social Media tag…to see tool kits, blog posts, and other resources…related to Social Media in the K-12 classroom.…In particular check out Edutopia's interview…with thought-leader Mimi Ito…on learning in Social Media Spaces.…
- Moving from social networking to "social netlearning"
- Balancing social media with in-class activities
- Creating social media guidelines
- Using Twitter for polls
- Using Facebook for student-generated test questions
- Connecting to real-world scenarios and people
- Using ReadWriteThink and Facebook to construct timelines
- Using Flickr and YouTube to collect student fieldwork
- Showcasing student work in online portfolios
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Using Social Media for Learning
2. Social Media in the Classroom
3. Social Media Outside the Classroom
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.