Join Renaldo Lawrence for an in-depth discussion in this video Multimedia project workflow, part of Creating Multimedia Learning.
- Creating multimedia projects for the classroom…involves a five-step process.…Step One is knowing your students…and their preferred learning styles.…This is an essential step because one of the…main reasons why you're creating the content…is to help your students learn the curriculum…as quickly and efficiently as possible.…If you don't know your students' learning styles…it can be very difficult to create materials…which will hit the mark and help them reach their goals.…Step Two is deciding what multimedia materials…such as audio, animation, video or/and images…that you're going to place inside the curriculum.…
For this process I use Google Docs to identify…where in the curriculum we're going…to place the multimedia content.…We ask suggestions using the Google Comment feature.…This is extremely valuable as the teacher and myself…will always have the opportunity to add other comments…we may not have thought of during the meeting.…This is a fantastic way of saving…both the teacher and my time.…Step Three is deciding what mobile devices…
Elearning expert Renaldo Lawrence takes a typical lecture-style lesson and breaks down which parts can be transformed into a multimedia project. Renaldo then guides educators through rewriting lesson plans and goals, creating video and audio assets, publishing the project online, and incorporating the new multimedia curriculum into the classroom.
- Using multimedia to reach students and parents
- Planning your multimedia project
- Setting goals
- Recording and editing video and audio
- Staying organized
- Sharing the project with the class