- View Offline
- Overview of editing with EDIUS
- Setting up the interface
- Importing media
- Adding, removing, and moving clips
- Working with audio
- Adding effects and titles
- Outputting to tape, DVD, and files
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi, I'm Maxim Jago. I'm a director, editor, trainer, and author. As a trainer, I've worked with just about every kind of media producer, including broadcasters in several countries, independent filmmakers, and educators. I worked with Grass Valley to create the EDIUS Prime worldwide certification program, wrote the coursebook, and trained, and certified all of the original trainers who train the trainers, who now train the users all over the world to edit with EDIUS. My creative work gives me a real-world view of the tools I'm teaching.
And I will be sharing my best practice for cutting with EDIUS. EDIUS is shockingly good to edit with. The real-time performance, and format support, is second to none. EDIUS is beautifully easy to use, but there are a few core techniques, technologies, and tips that'll make a massive difference to your editing experience. That's where these lessons come in. We'll be looking at editing multiple media types, producing complex edited sequences, and output to multiple media. We'll learn about the many editing shortcuts, and getting to grips with the combinations of timeline modes that sometimes bamboozle new editors.
All of the media, and part made projects are available for you to work with alongside. I hope you'll find these lessons fun, and super-efficient for transforming you into an EDIUS editor.