Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Understand cookies and cache, part of Learning the Microsoft Edge Browser.
- [Narrator] When you visit any website there's a lot…going on behind the scenes that most people aren't aware of.…In addition to serving up the webpage that you can browse,…read, and click links in, most websites are also interacting…with your browser invisibly in the background,…storing and sharing information.…Now, this is a simplified description, but two important…pieces of information that are created and altered by the…website and your browser, which I want to talk about here…are cookies and the cache.…Let's start with the cache.…So, let's say I'm visiting this site for the first time.…
Now, technically we've been visiting this explore California…site throughout this course, but I've cleared my cache…since then.…So, it's like I'm visiting this page for the first time.…Let's go to another webpage, going to go to landonhotel.com.…Now, it takes a few seconds to load this page,…because there are a lot of graphics on it.…Now, it didn't take a ton of time here,…but the more graphics and video on a page the longer…
- Recall the shortcut to open a new tab.
- Recognize how search engines are detected and become options for a default search engine.
- Determine how to stop advertisements from appearing automatically when visiting a site.
- Identify the file extension for exported favorites.
- Recognize the characteristics of a secure website based on its URL.
- Explain how to open a new InPrivate window.