Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Set the homepage, part of Learning the Microsoft Edge Browser.
- [Narrator] There are lots of things you can and probably…should customize in the Microsoft Edge browser…to dial it in to work exactly the way you want it to.…We'll look at a few important customization options…as examples throughout this course, but let's start by…taking a look at how to set up our homepage.…As I mentioned previously, the homepage is the page…that is loaded when you click the home button right up here.…And again, you might have set up your home page yourself,…or it might have been set up by your computer manufacturer,…or your internet service provider to point you at…their own websites.…Whatever the case, let's take a look at how…to customize it ourselves.…
Going to come over the settings button over here in the upper…right hand corner, and down at the bottom of the menu…I'll choose settings.…And scroll down and find view advanced settings,…and here at the top we have the show the home button…switch, and we can toggle that on or off.…Maybe you find you don't use the home button much at all,…
- Recall the shortcut to open a new tab.
- Recognize how search engines are detected and become options for a default search engine.
- Determine how to stop advertisements from appearing automatically when visiting a site.
- Identify the file extension for exported favorites.
- Recognize the characteristics of a secure website based on its URL.
- Explain how to open a new InPrivate window.