Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Reset Edge completely, part of Learning the Microsoft Edge Browser.
- [Instructor] Here's one last quick note…on privacy in Microsoft Edge.…If you want to reset everything in Edge…and set it back as close as possible to its default settings…while erasing all data related to your browsing or usage,…go to Settings and under Clear Browsing Data,…click Choose What to Clear.…Now, we saw this area earlier…when we saw how to delete your browsing history,…cookies and cache but to reset Edge,…just check every option here…but again, keep in mind…that this erases pretty much everything.…You'll have to log in to websites from scratch again…but if you're ready, click Clear…and after a second, you'll see the all clear message.…
Now, in order for everything to be truly cleared,…you'll need to restart your computer.…Also, this process doesn't erase any favorites you've saved.…So if you want to be thorough, you can open up Favorites…and delete them manually from here…but another reason to reset Edge…is if it's starting to act strangely.…There might be a cookie or cached item…that's affecting its performance…
- Recall the shortcut to open a new tab.
- Recognize how search engines are detected and become options for a default search engine.
- Determine how to stop advertisements from appearing automatically when visiting a site.
- Identify the file extension for exported favorites.
- Recognize the characteristics of a secure website based on its URL.
- Explain how to open a new InPrivate window.