- Recall the shortcut to open a new tab.
- Recognize how search engines are detected and become options for a default search engine.
- Determine how to stop advertisements from appearing automatically when visiting a site.
- Identify the file extension for exported favorites.
- Recognize the characteristics of a secure website based on its URL.
- Explain how to open a new InPrivate window.
Skill Level Beginner
- [Instructor] Hi, I'm Garrick Chow and welcome to this course on using Microsoft Edge, the web browser that comes bundled into Windows 10. Although surfing the web can be pretty easy, there are lots of optional features and settings that you can adjust in Edge. We'll start by making sure you're comfortable with the basics of browsing the web then we'll look at some of the more common features in Edge including downloading files, browsing with tabs and setting up your home page. We'll talk about creating and managing favorites which are also known as bookmarks and we'll see how to add additional functionality to Edge by installing third party extensions then we'll talk about privacy options including how to make sure you're browsing a secure site, how to manage your browsing history and how to delete private information that may be stored in Edge.
So let's begin and start using the Microsoft Edge web browser.