Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Install extensions, part of Learning the Microsoft Edge Browser.
- [Narrator] Edge is still a relatively new browser…and as such, there haven't been as many…advanced features or abilities added to it…that you may find in other web browsers…that have been around for much longer.…However, Edge does support browser extensions.…Extensions are small add-ons for Edge…that give you quick access to tons of tools and features…that have been created by third-party developers…to add a lot more functionality and abilities to Edge.…You can find download extensions from here in Edge…by going to settings and selecting extensions.…I don't have any yet, but this is where you would…manage your extensions once you've installed them.…
I'll click get extensions from the store,…and that opens up the Microsoft Store app.…It'll take me to the page that lists…the available extensions for the Edge browser.…Currently, as I record this, there are…a little over 70 different extensions available…that perform a wide range of tasks…and add different features to edge.…For example, here's one called Translator…
- Recall the shortcut to open a new tab.
- Recognize how search engines are detected and become options for a default search engine.
- Determine how to stop advertisements from appearing automatically when visiting a site.
- Identify the file extension for exported favorites.
- Recognize the characteristics of a secure website based on its URL.
- Explain how to open a new InPrivate window.