Learn how to use Eclipse's built-in tools and extensions to create, code, test, and debug projects in Java, PHP, C/C++, Perl, and Python.
- Hi, I'm Todd Perkins. Welcome to Eclipse Essential Training. The focus of this course is learning how to effectively use the tools built into Eclipse and those you can add through extensions. We'll start with the basics. Creating projects, work spaces, and adjusting preferences. Then we'll discuss working with code, including refactoring, formatting, adding break points, and using Eclipse's built in features for searching through your code. We'll look at using Git for version control, including how to set up local and remote repositories.
And how to commit changes to them. After that, we'll talk about specific languages, including Java, PHP, C, C++, Perl and Python. Each language's chapter will show how to create a basic program and how Eclipse's features apply differently to each particular language. So let's jump right in to Eclipse Essential Training.
- What is Eclipse?
- Setting up a workspace
- Adding external files to a project
- Installing add-ons
- Refactoring code
- Working with tasks
- Customizing formatting
- Using Git for version control
- Developing Java, PHP, C/C++, Perl, and Python apps with Eclipse
- Setting up testing servers
- Testing apps
- Debugging apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/09/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Java 9, Java 10, and PHP features in Eclipse 4.8. Plus, learn how to use Eclipse for Rust development.
Edge Animate Essential Trainingwith Chris Converse4h 44m Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Eclipse
2. Working with Code
3. Using Git for Version Control
4. Using Eclipse for Java Development
5. Using Eclipse for PHP Development
6. Using Eclipse for C/C++ Development
7. Using Eclipse for Perl Development
8. Using Eclipse for Python Development
Using Eclipse for Rust Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.