Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Testing a Python application, part of Eclipse Essential Training.
- So let's look at running a Python script…inside of Eclipse.…I'm going to create a New Project,…and I'll choose PyDev Project under PyDev.…And click Next.…And we'll call this project Testing.…And I'll just leave the defaults,…and click Finish.…With Testing selected in the project Explorer,…I'm going to choose New, PyDev Module,…and I'm going to leave Package blank this time,…and I'll call this file testing and hit Finish.…
For the module I'm going to leave the code empty…and hit OK, and here is my blank file.…So I'll call print and printout Hello World.…I Save and hit Run in the toolbar…and choose Python Run, I'll click OK,…and see the result in the console.…So you can test your application by writing your code…and simply clicking the Run button.…No additional configuration is necessary.…
- What is Eclipse?
- Setting up a workspace
- Adding external files to a project
- Installing add-ons
- Refactoring code
- Working with tasks
- Customizing formatting
- Using Git for version control
- Developing Java, PHP, C/C++, Perl, and Python apps with Eclipse
- Setting up testing servers
- Testing apps
- Debugging apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/09/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Java 9, Java 10, and PHP features in Eclipse 4.8. Plus, learn how to use Eclipse for Rust development.
Edge Animate Essential Trainingwith Chris Converse4h 44m Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Eclipse
2. Working with Code
3. Using Git for Version Control
4. Using Eclipse for Java Development
5. Using Eclipse for PHP Development
6. Using Eclipse for C/C++ Development
7. Using Eclipse for Perl Development
8. Using Eclipse for Python Development
Using Eclipse for Rust Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.