Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Testing a PHP application, part of Eclipse Essential Training.
- Now we're going to test a PHP application in Eclipse.…So what I'm going to do is just right click hellophp,…and choose Copy,…and then deselect it, right click in the PHP explorer,…and choose Paste.…So I'm making a copy of this project,…and I'll call it testingphp, and I'll click OK.…So I'll close index.php from hellophp…and open it in testing.php,…and I'll see the same code of course,…because I just made a copy.…
I'll add something different in my echo statement…to show that this is a different file.…And I'll save the file.…Now there are a couple of things…that you need to do…in order to get this to work in a page.…Remember, you have to have your testing server running,…and we're going to have to need…to modify some setting inside of Eclipse.…For example, let me dictate,…where our testing server is located.…So what I'm going to do, is I'm going to click the arrow…next to the Run As button,…and choose Run Configurations.…
Under PHP Web Application,…I'm going to click the new button.…For the name, I'll call this…Eclipse Essential Training.…
- What is Eclipse?
- Setting up a workspace
- Adding external files to a project
- Installing add-ons
- Refactoring code
- Working with tasks
- Customizing formatting
- Using Git for version control
- Developing Java, PHP, C/C++, Perl, and Python apps with Eclipse
- Setting up testing servers
- Testing apps
- Debugging apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/09/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Java 9, Java 10, and PHP features in Eclipse 4.8. Plus, learn how to use Eclipse for Rust development.
Edge Animate Essential Trainingwith Chris Converse4h 44m Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Eclipse
2. Working with Code
3. Using Git for Version Control
4. Using Eclipse for Java Development
5. Using Eclipse for PHP Development
6. Using Eclipse for C/C++ Development
7. Using Eclipse for Perl Development
8. Using Eclipse for Python Development
Using Eclipse for Rust Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.