Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Testing a Java app, part of Eclipse Essential Training.
- So let's look at testing a Java Project.…I'm going to create a new Java Project…and we'll call this Testing,…and hit Finish.…And then I'm going to add a Class.…We'll call the Class Testing…and I'm just going to leave the default Package.…And I'll check to add the main method,…and click Finish.…And inside of the main method…I am going to type a simple log command.…
System.out.print…and then in quotes…I'll just type "Hello World!"…So with that I'm going to save the file…and test the application using the Run button…at the top of the Toolbar.…So when I click the Run button…I see Hello World! in the console…and that's appearing in the fly-out menu…since I minimized it from the bottom of the screen.…So I'm going to click the Restore button…to bring the console to the bottom of the screen again.…
And there's my message.…So you can run a Java application,…and test it out,…by using the Run button.…Now if you want more control…over when you run an application,…you can hold your mouse on the little arrow…next to the Run button,…
- What is Eclipse?
- Setting up a workspace
- Adding external files to a project
- Installing add-ons
- Refactoring code
- Working with tasks
- Customizing formatting
- Using Git for version control
- Developing Java, PHP, C/C++, Perl, and Python apps with Eclipse
- Setting up testing servers
- Testing apps
- Debugging apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/09/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Java 9, Java 10, and PHP features in Eclipse 4.8. Plus, learn how to use Eclipse for Rust development.
1. Introduction to Eclipse
2. Working with Code
3. Using Git for Version Control
4. Using Eclipse for Java Development
5. Using Eclipse for PHP Development
6. Using Eclipse for C/C++ Development
7. Using Eclipse for Perl Development
8. Using Eclipse for Python Development
Using Eclipse for Rust Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.