Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up a testing server (Windows), part of Eclipse Essential Training.
- In order to get PHP to work with Eclipse,…we're going to need a server to test our PHP code.…You can get the MAMP testing server at mamp.info.…From this site, go to the download page,…and click the link to download MAMP for Windows.…Once the download's complete, open up the Setup file.…You'll then be asked to choose a Setup language,…so choose your language and click OK.…And then, we're going to continue through the Setup wizard.…So, I'll just click Next.…
And for the location,…I'm going to leave the default location.…Make sure you do this, because you don't want…MAMP installed in your Program Files folder.…You want it installed directly in your C Drive.…So, I'll have it there and click Next.…And then, I'll click Next a few times…to continue through the installer.…And once the installation process is complete,…and once the installation's done, hit the Finish button.…And then, now I have a MAMP shortcut on my desktop.…So, I can open it through there or through your C Drive.…
So, I'll go ahead and open up MAMP,…
- What is Eclipse?
- Setting up a workspace
- Adding external files to a project
- Installing add-ons
- Refactoring code
- Working with tasks
- Customizing formatting
- Using Git for version control
- Developing Java, PHP, C/C++, Perl, and Python apps with Eclipse
- Setting up testing servers
- Testing apps
- Debugging apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/09/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Java 9, Java 10, and PHP features in Eclipse 4.8. Plus, learn how to use Eclipse for Rust development.
1. Introduction to Eclipse
2. Working with Code
3. Using Git for Version Control
4. Using Eclipse for Java Development
5. Using Eclipse for PHP Development
6. Using Eclipse for C/C++ Development
7. Using Eclipse for Perl Development
8. Using Eclipse for Python Development
Using Eclipse for Rust Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.