Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up a testing server (Mac), part of Eclipse Essential Training.
- PHP is installed in Eclipse,…but we can't run PHP without a Server.…The Testing Server we're going to use…for this course is called MAMP.…MAMP, as it says on my screen, is My Apache,…MySQL, and PHP.…So we get an Apache Server, MySQL, and PHP all…in one download.…So let's click the Downloads link,…and then choose your operating system…and click the Download button.…I've already downloaded the file,…so I'm going to click my Downloads,…and then double-click the package…to begin the installation of MAMP.…
So I'll Continue through the installation.…Make sure you read the Software License Agreement…before clicking Continue.…I'm going to choose Agree.…Again, make sure you agree with a Software License Agreement…before you click Agree.…And I'm going to click Install.…Confirm with my password.…And now that MAMP has been installed,…I'm going to click the Close button.…Now I'm going to launch MAMP…by using the shortcut command + space on my keyboard,…and I'll type in MAMP.…
And if you need to look for it,…it's in your Applications folder…
- What is Eclipse?
- Setting up a workspace
- Adding external files to a project
- Installing add-ons
- Refactoring code
- Working with tasks
- Customizing formatting
- Using Git for version control
- Developing Java, PHP, C/C++, Perl, and Python apps with Eclipse
- Setting up testing servers
- Testing apps
- Debugging apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/09/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Java 9, Java 10, and PHP features in Eclipse 4.8. Plus, learn how to use Eclipse for Rust development.
1. Introduction to Eclipse
2. Working with Code
3. Using Git for Version Control
4. Using Eclipse for Java Development
5. Using Eclipse for PHP Development
6. Using Eclipse for C/C++ Development
7. Using Eclipse for Perl Development
8. Using Eclipse for Python Development
Using Eclipse for Rust Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.