Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up Xdebug, part of Eclipse Essential Training.
- Debugging a PHP application has three prerequisites.…First, you need to set your PHP ini settings.…Second, you need to associate Eclipse…with your installation of PHP.…And third, you need to modify your Run…configurations inside of Eclipse.…So let's start out by modifying…our PHP ini file.…Navigate to your Map folder.…
On the Mac it's in your Applications folder.…On Windows it should be in your C drive folder.…So find the Map folder,…in there go inside of the bin folder,…then the php folder,…then php5.6.7…and then in the conf folder…open up php.ini…in a plain text editor,…such as Text Edit, or Notepad.…Remember, you don't want something like…Microsoft Word that's going to apply…extra formatting behind the scenes…with this file.…
We need a plain text editor.…So open up this file…and scroll all the way to the bottom.…At the bottom of your file…you'll find a semicolon…starting the last line.…That's commenting it out.…We want to enable xdebug…so we're going to delete that semicolon.…Xdebug is the name of the debugger…that we're going to be using for this course.…
- What is Eclipse?
- Setting up a workspace
- Adding external files to a project
- Installing add-ons
- Refactoring code
- Working with tasks
- Customizing formatting
- Using Git for version control
- Developing Java, PHP, C/C++, Perl, and Python apps with Eclipse
- Setting up testing servers
- Testing apps
- Debugging apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/09/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Java 9, Java 10, and PHP features in Eclipse 4.8. Plus, learn how to use Eclipse for Rust development.
1. Introduction to Eclipse
2. Working with Code
3. Using Git for Version Control
4. Using Eclipse for Java Development
5. Using Eclipse for PHP Development
6. Using Eclipse for C/C++ Development
7. Using Eclipse for Perl Development
8. Using Eclipse for Python Development
Using Eclipse for Rust Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.