Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting the Perl executable (Windows), part of Eclipse Essential Training.
- In Windows, you're going to need to install Perl…before you can use it.…You can get Perl at strawberryperl.com.…Click the link to download the appropriate version…for your computer, either 32 bit or 64 bit,…and go through the default installation.…So install Strawberry right to your C directory.…Once strawberry Perl is all installed…make sure that you restart Eclipse.…
And when you've restarted Eclipse…go to Window, Preferences,…open up your Preferences,…select Perl EPIC, and for Perl executable…you're going to Browse to a file called Perl.exe.…So click the button to Browse for the file,…and you're going to go in your C folder.…In there is a folder called Strawberry.…In the Strawberry folder there's a folder called perl,…and then Bin, and then inside of there…you're going to see perl.exe.…
It might also just be called perl.…So choose that file,…and confirm.…And you should see the perl executable path in there,…and you shouldn't see any errors show up on your screen.…And then click Apply.…And then click OK to set your preferences.…
- What is Eclipse?
- Setting up a workspace
- Adding external files to a project
- Installing add-ons
- Refactoring code
- Working with tasks
- Customizing formatting
- Using Git for version control
- Developing Java, PHP, C/C++, Perl, and Python apps with Eclipse
- Setting up testing servers
- Testing apps
- Debugging apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/09/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Java 9, Java 10, and PHP features in Eclipse 4.8. Plus, learn how to use Eclipse for Rust development.
Edge Animate Essential Trainingwith Chris Converse4h 44m Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Eclipse
2. Working with Code
3. Using Git for Version Control
4. Using Eclipse for Java Development
5. Using Eclipse for PHP Development
6. Using Eclipse for C/C++ Development
7. Using Eclipse for Perl Development
8. Using Eclipse for Python Development
Using Eclipse for Rust Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.