Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Refactoring code, part of Eclipse Essential Training.
- If you create a method or a property…and you want to change the name of that…or the method and signature,…you can change it later thanks to refactoring.…Now if you're following along…in the exercise files,…make sure that you're working in the…Chapter two workspace.…So set your workspace to Chapter two…and you'll find the Refactoring project in there.…If you don't have the exercise files…you can make a Java class like this one,…and this one, so ClassA, and ClassB,…or, you can just watch and follow along…and apply this to other languages, if you'd like.…
So let's say I have a class here,…so I've called this ClassA,…and in my main method…I create a new instance of ClassA…and I'm calling method one,…here's the method one signature right here.…Now let's say I want to…change the name of method one.…Now of course, I could just make the change…right here by modifying the code.…But with refactoring I can make one change…and update all the references to that method…making sure that I don't make any mistakes in my code.…
So let's look at how that works.…
- What is Eclipse?
- Setting up a workspace
- Adding external files to a project
- Installing add-ons
- Refactoring code
- Working with tasks
- Customizing formatting
- Using Git for version control
- Developing Java, PHP, C/C++, Perl, and Python apps with Eclipse
- Setting up testing servers
- Testing apps
- Debugging apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/09/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Java 9, Java 10, and PHP features in Eclipse 4.8. Plus, learn how to use Eclipse for Rust development.
1. Introduction to Eclipse
2. Working with Code
3. Using Git for Version Control
4. Using Eclipse for Java Development
5. Using Eclipse for PHP Development
6. Using Eclipse for C/C++ Development
7. Using Eclipse for Perl Development
8. Using Eclipse for Python Development
Using Eclipse for Rust Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.