PHP support has been improved starting in Eclipse Photon. The key area of improvement has been support for better PHP validation. In this brief video, see what changes have been added to Eclipse to validate variables, loops, and constants. Also, see how to take advantage of these PHP updates in your projects in Eclipse Photon.
- [Narrator] Starting with Eclipse Photon,…some new features have been added…to support validation in PHP.…Let's take a look at some of those.…For example,…you can now get validation for undefined variables.…So let's say I try to echo some Var.…I get a warning.…So if I hover over the warning message,…it says, "Variable some Var is undefined."…You also get some validation for creating variables…and not using them.…
For example, if I create another Var, set it equal to one,…I get a message that says,…"Variable another Var is never used."…There is also additional validation…for break and continue statements.…So if I create a loop,…it's going to run infinitely and I nest a loop inside of it,…now in PHP you can normally break out…of the loop with a break statement.…You can optionally use an integer…to break out of the first level,…so to break out of this first wild loop with one…and with two we can break out of this second loop, as well.…
So break one says the loop that were currently in…and then two goes back another loop and so on.…
- What is Eclipse?
- Setting up a workspace
- Adding external files to a project
- Installing add-ons
- Refactoring code
- Working with tasks
- Customizing formatting
- Using Git for version control
- Developing Java, PHP, C/C++, Perl, and Python apps with Eclipse
- Setting up testing servers
- Testing apps
- Debugging apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/09/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Java 9, Java 10, and PHP features in Eclipse 4.8. Plus, learn how to use Eclipse for Rust development.
Edge Animate Essential Trainingwith Chris Converse4h 44m Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Eclipse
2. Working with Code
3. Using Git for Version Control
4. Using Eclipse for Java Development
5. Using Eclipse for PHP Development
6. Using Eclipse for C/C++ Development
7. Using Eclipse for Perl Development
8. Using Eclipse for Python Development
Using Eclipse for Rust Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.