Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing views and perspectives, part of Eclipse Essential Training.
- You can further customize Eclipse,…using views and perspectives.…Views are the panels that you see…throughout the Eclipse interface.…For example, the editor view, Package Explorer,…Problems, Task List, and Outline.…The appearance of Eclipse is not set in stone.…For example, I'm not going to be using…Task List that much in this course,…so I can click the close button to get rid of Task List.…
The Outline view is useful for navigating a lot of code,…so I'll leave it on the screen.…But I might not use it all the time,…so I can click the minimize button when I'm not using it.…Then I can click that view's icon to create a flyout menu.…If I click it again, Outline will close.…If I want to restore a view, I can click the restore button.…You can add other views by going to Window, Show View,…and can choose from a list of views here.…
These are the most commonly used views,…but if you don't see the view you're looking for in here,…you can always click Other.…And so I can see a list of views here.…Let's open up the Tasks view, which is different from the…
- What is Eclipse?
- Setting up a workspace
- Adding external files to a project
- Installing add-ons
- Refactoring code
- Working with tasks
- Customizing formatting
- Using Git for version control
- Developing Java, PHP, C/C++, Perl, and Python apps with Eclipse
- Setting up testing servers
- Testing apps
- Debugging apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/09/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Java 9, Java 10, and PHP features in Eclipse 4.8. Plus, learn how to use Eclipse for Rust development.
Edge Animate Essential Trainingwith Chris Converse4h 44m Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Eclipse
2. Working with Code
3. Using Git for Version Control
4. Using Eclipse for Java Development
5. Using Eclipse for PHP Development
6. Using Eclipse for C/C++ Development
7. Using Eclipse for Perl Development
8. Using Eclipse for Python Development
Using Eclipse for Rust Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.