Both Java 9 and Java 10 have added many new features, and all of those features are supported in Eclipse Photon. As far as Eclipse goes, the most notable of these features is the module feature added to Java 9, which allows a refined way of sharing code between projects. See how modules work in Eclipse in this video.
- [Instructor] Eclipse now supports…Java modules and Java 10.…So let's look at how modules work in Eclipse Photon.…So I'm going to create a new Java project.…I'll give this a name, NewFeatures1.…I'll hit next and then I'm going to make sure I leave this…option right here checked, create module info.java file…and hit finish and then I need to give my module a name.…
So in Java 9 modules were introduced and they allow…you to share code with other projects and to specify…which packages get shared and which don't.…So I'll name this com.toddperkins and then hit create.…And here's my module info file and it says…my module name right here, module com.toddperkins.…And then I'm going to create a class.…I'll click my source folder here, create a Java class.…
I'll put it in the com.toddperkins package.…And I'll name this Example and then I'll hit finish.…So there's my class and I'll go back over to…module info.java, I'm going to say that this module…exports the com.toddperkins package, so I'll save that.…And I'm going to create a really simple class…
- What is Eclipse?
- Setting up a workspace
- Adding external files to a project
- Installing add-ons
- Refactoring code
- Working with tasks
- Customizing formatting
- Using Git for version control
- Developing Java, PHP, C/C++, Perl, and Python apps with Eclipse
- Setting up testing servers
- Testing apps
- Debugging apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/09/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Java 9, Java 10, and PHP features in Eclipse 4.8. Plus, learn how to use Eclipse for Rust development.
1. Introduction to Eclipse
2. Working with Code
3. Using Git for Version Control
4. Using Eclipse for Java Development
5. Using Eclipse for PHP Development
6. Using Eclipse for C/C++ Development
7. Using Eclipse for Perl Development
8. Using Eclipse for Python Development
Using Eclipse for Rust Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.