Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing and removing additional software, part of Eclipse Essential Training.
- The functionality of Eclipse can…be extended by installing new software.…For example, right now our version…of Eclipse only supports Java,…but if we wanted to add…another language to write code in,…where Eclipse would give us proper…code coloring and code hinting, etcetera,…then we can do that by installing the new software.…So I'm going to go to Help, Install New Software...…When this menu pops up,…you can click the drop down menu…to choose a site to install software from.…
I'm going to install software that works…with this version of Eclipse,…so I'm going to click on the Luna link,…and mine, that's at the bottom,…but yours might be in a different spot.…Note that you can also add sites in here manually…that have plugins for Eclipse.…We'll look at how to do that later on…when we work with other languages.…So I'm going to click Luna here,…and then I'm going to wait a minute,…and this library in the center of the screen…is going to refresh with software…that I can add to Eclipse.…
So if I scroll down,…I'm going to expand Programming Languages…
- What is Eclipse?
- Setting up a workspace
- Adding external files to a project
- Installing add-ons
- Refactoring code
- Working with tasks
- Customizing formatting
- Using Git for version control
- Developing Java, PHP, C/C++, Perl, and Python apps with Eclipse
- Setting up testing servers
- Testing apps
- Debugging apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/09/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Java 9, Java 10, and PHP features in Eclipse 4.8. Plus, learn how to use Eclipse for Rust development.
Edge Animate Essential Trainingwith Chris Converse4h 44m Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Eclipse
2. Working with Code
3. Using Git for Version Control
4. Using Eclipse for Java Development
5. Using Eclipse for PHP Development
6. Using Eclipse for C/C++ Development
7. Using Eclipse for Perl Development
8. Using Eclipse for Python Development
Using Eclipse for Rust Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.