Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing Python add-ons, part of Eclipse Essential Training.
- To write Python code in Eclipse…we'll need to use a third party plug-in.…So let's go to Help, Install New Software.…Under here I'll type in the name of the site…that contains our plug-in.…It's called PyDev and it's available at…http://…pydev.org/updates.…Here we're interested in…PyDev for Eclipse, so expand PyDev,…check the box for PyDev for Eclipse,…and click Next.…
I'll click Next to advance through the installation.…I'm going to accept the terms.…Again, make sure that you read and agree to…the license agreement and click Finish.…And then again, Eclipse is going to install the software…and restart.…When you install PyDev you're going to be asked…if you trust the certificates that PyDev was created with.…I'm going to check the box and click OK.…If you don't feel comfortable clicking that…you can look up information on…the software company above and PyDev itself.…
Now I'll click the button to restart Eclipse.…Now Eclipse has restarted…and PyDev is installed…and we're ready to start writing Python code.…
- What is Eclipse?
- Setting up a workspace
- Adding external files to a project
- Installing add-ons
- Refactoring code
- Working with tasks
- Customizing formatting
- Using Git for version control
- Developing Java, PHP, C/C++, Perl, and Python apps with Eclipse
- Setting up testing servers
- Testing apps
- Debugging apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/09/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Java 9, Java 10, and PHP features in Eclipse 4.8. Plus, learn how to use Eclipse for Rust development.
1. Introduction to Eclipse
2. Working with Code
3. Using Git for Version Control
4. Using Eclipse for Java Development
5. Using Eclipse for PHP Development
6. Using Eclipse for C/C++ Development
7. Using Eclipse for Perl Development
8. Using Eclipse for Python Development
Using Eclipse for Rust Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.