Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing Perl add-ons, part of Eclipse Essential Training.
- If you want to code Perl into Eclipse,…there's not a special pre-baked…version of Eclipse for you out there.…In addition to that, the default update site…for Eclipse software doesn't have…any Perl extensions for Eclipse.…So we're going to go to a third party…to add Perl Support into Eclipse.…Go to Help, Install New Software,…and then in the "Work with:" field,…type http://…and the site for Perl is going to be…e-p-i-c.sf.net/updates.…
So I type that in and press Return on my keyboard…and wait for a second for it to load,…and then when I expand EPIC Main Components,…I'm going to check the box to install EPIC,…click Next, click Next again,…and then accept the terms, assuming…that you've read them and agree to them, and click Finish.…And just like any other update to Eclipse,…you need to wait for the software to install…and then Eclipse will restart.…
Before it restarts and finishes installing the software,…you'll also get a security warning.…The message says that you are…about to install unsigned content.…In other words, this doesn't come from Eclipse.…
- What is Eclipse?
- Setting up a workspace
- Adding external files to a project
- Installing add-ons
- Refactoring code
- Working with tasks
- Customizing formatting
- Using Git for version control
- Developing Java, PHP, C/C++, Perl, and Python apps with Eclipse
- Setting up testing servers
- Testing apps
- Debugging apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/09/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Java 9, Java 10, and PHP features in Eclipse 4.8. Plus, learn how to use Eclipse for Rust development.
Edge Animate Essential Trainingwith Chris Converse4h 44m Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Eclipse
2. Working with Code
3. Using Git for Version Control
4. Using Eclipse for Java Development
5. Using Eclipse for PHP Development
6. Using Eclipse for C/C++ Development
7. Using Eclipse for Perl Development
8. Using Eclipse for Python Development
Using Eclipse for Rust Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.