Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing PHP add-ons, part of Eclipse Essential Training.
- One way to get PHP on your machine in Eclipse is to go to the Eclipse download page at eclipse.org and then find the Eclipse IDE for PHP Developers. Since we started this course, installing the basic Eclipse installation for Java Developers, I'll show you how to modify Eclipse to make sure you have the appropriate extensions to work with PHP. Again you don't need to download the PHP version of Eclipse. It's just a regular version of Eclipse with the PHP plugins installed.
So we'll go to Help, Install additional software in Eclipse and then under here I'm going to select what is the current version of Eclipse right now, which is Luna at the time of this recording. I'm going to wait for all of the options to load and then I'm going to expand the Programming Languages section. So under Programming Languages what you're looking for are all of the PHP options. So we mainly need the PHP Development Tools or PDT.
I'm going to select that and click Next, and click Next again. And I'm going to accept the license agreement but make sure you read through it and do agree to it before you click that you accept the license agreement terms and then click Finish. Once the updates are installed, you'll need to restart Eclipse. So I'm going to hit Yes to do that now. So now I've installed the PHP extension and I'm going to hide the Welcome screen, and I'm back inside Eclipse.
So once you're done either installing the PHP version of Eclipse from the Eclipse website or adding on to your current installation of Eclipse, you're ready to write PHP code.
- What is Eclipse?
- Setting up a workspace
- Adding external files to a project
- Installing add-ons
- Refactoring code
- Working with tasks
- Customizing formatting
- Using Git for version control
- Developing Java, PHP, C/C++, Perl, and Python apps with Eclipse
- Setting up testing servers
- Testing apps
- Debugging apps
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Eclipse
2. Working with Code
3. Using Git for Version Control
4. Using Eclipse for Java Development
5. Using Eclipse for PHP Development
6. Using Eclipse for C/C++ Development
7. Using Eclipse for Perl Development
8. Using Eclipse for Python Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.