Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing C/C++ add-ons, part of Eclipse Essential Training.
- So let's say you wanna write C/C++ in Eclipse.…You have two main options.…You can download the Eclipse IDE…for C/C++ Developers from eclipse.org,…or you can add it on to your existing…installation of Eclipse, which we'll do now.…I'll go to Help, Install New Software.…And then under Work with, I'm going to choose…the current release of Eclipse…at the time of this recording.…And then once the options are loaded,…I'm going to scroll down…to Programming Languages .…
And expand that.…Under Programming Languages,…you want to use C/C++ Development Tools.…But if there are any other tools…that you'd like to add on,…you can do that as well.…I'll add the Development Tools SDK.…And Autotools support.…And I'll click Next.…Click Next again.…Make sure that you read the license agreement…and agree to it before you click…that you accept the terms.…And click Finish.…
Once the software's installed,…Eclipse will then have to restart.…So I'll click Yes to restart Eclipse.…And now I'm in Eclipse with C/C++ support,…as you can see on the Welcome screen.…
- What is Eclipse?
- Setting up a workspace
- Adding external files to a project
- Installing add-ons
- Refactoring code
- Working with tasks
- Customizing formatting
- Using Git for version control
- Developing Java, PHP, C/C++, Perl, and Python apps with Eclipse
- Setting up testing servers
- Testing apps
- Debugging apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/09/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Java 9, Java 10, and PHP features in Eclipse 4.8. Plus, learn how to use Eclipse for Rust development.
1. Introduction to Eclipse
2. Working with Code
3. Using Git for Version Control
4. Using Eclipse for Java Development
5. Using Eclipse for PHP Development
6. Using Eclipse for C/C++ Development
7. Using Eclipse for Perl Development
8. Using Eclipse for Python Development
Using Eclipse for Rust Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.