Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Going further with Python, part of Eclipse Essential Training.
- [Instructor] So if you're looking for more to do…with Python and Eclipse,…you can start in Eclipse Preferences.…Under PyDev, you'll find a lot of settings…that you can modify.…Under the Editor, for example,…you can choose code coloring.…You can also choose settings…for Code Completion and Code Folding.…Under Code Style,…you'll find Code Formatter.…Similar to other languages,…you can modify how the code is formatted…when you click the AutoFormat button.…
So you can control the number of spaces…when you indent, where line breaks need to be,…and a whole slew of other settings…through the Code Formatter Preferences.…As you scroll down, you'll see…that the settings for PyDev are pretty large.…So feel free to experiment with these…and tune PyDev to your liking.…I'm going to cancel out of this,…and I want to show you some other resources…for more about coding Python inside of Eclipse.…
The first stop is pydev.org.…These are the creators of the PyDev plugin.…So here you can find information about that plugin,…how it works, tutorials, et cetera.…
- What is Eclipse?
- Setting up a workspace
- Adding external files to a project
- Installing add-ons
- Refactoring code
- Working with tasks
- Customizing formatting
- Using Git for version control
- Developing Java, PHP, C/C++, Perl, and Python apps with Eclipse
- Setting up testing servers
- Testing apps
- Debugging apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/09/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Java 9, Java 10, and PHP features in Eclipse 4.8. Plus, learn how to use Eclipse for Rust development.
1. Introduction to Eclipse
2. Working with Code
3. Using Git for Version Control
4. Using Eclipse for Java Development
5. Using Eclipse for PHP Development
6. Using Eclipse for C/C++ Development
7. Using Eclipse for Perl Development
8. Using Eclipse for Python Development
Using Eclipse for Rust Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.