Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Going further with PHP, part of Eclipse Essential Training.
- To close out this chapter, I wanted to show you…some other settings that you can adjust in Eclipse…and where you can go for additional PHP information.…So I'm going to open up Preferences,…and under PHP, I'm going to select Debug.…Now, through the Debug menu, you can check that box…that I mentioned in a previous movie to control…whether the code automatically creates a break…at the first line of code.…So that's where you find that setting.…Under the Editor, you can control how…PHP code is displayed and how the code hinting works.…
You can also control syntax coloring should you find…something that's a little bit different…than what you're used to in Eclipse,…so remember that you have control over that.…Also, under Code Style, you can click the Formatter…and just like we looked at with Java,…you can click the Show button, and you can modify…how your code is formatted, including indentation,…braces, white space, et cetera.…
So by using these features, you can more fully…customize your experience with PHP in Eclipse.…
- What is Eclipse?
- Setting up a workspace
- Adding external files to a project
- Installing add-ons
- Refactoring code
- Working with tasks
- Customizing formatting
- Using Git for version control
- Developing Java, PHP, C/C++, Perl, and Python apps with Eclipse
- Setting up testing servers
- Testing apps
- Debugging apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/09/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Java 9, Java 10, and PHP features in Eclipse 4.8. Plus, learn how to use Eclipse for Rust development.
1. Introduction to Eclipse
2. Working with Code
3. Using Git for Version Control
4. Using Eclipse for Java Development
5. Using Eclipse for PHP Development
6. Using Eclipse for C/C++ Development
7. Using Eclipse for Perl Development
8. Using Eclipse for Python Development
Using Eclipse for Rust Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.