Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Downloading and installing Eclipse, part of Eclipse Essential Training.
- To install Eclipse, you're going to need a…Java Runtime Environment or JRE.…You can find JRE at oracle.com.…From there, go to Downloads…and click on Java for Developers…and then scroll down and find the JRE download link.…You can also just do a web search for JRE download…and click the one that's at oracle.com.…From here, you'll have to accept the license agreement,…so make sure that you read through it…and accept it before clicking that.…
And then, you'll need to select the version of the…JRE that applies to your machine.…So in this case, I could click Mac OS X x64,…download that link, and then simply go through…the default installation process.…So I can double-click this file,…open it up, walk through the installer,…and then I have JRE on my computer.…Since I've already installed the Java Runtime Environment,…I'm going to skip this step.…
Just know that you need to walk through…the installer using the default settings.…So once you've installed the Java Runtime Environment,…head over to eclipse.org and hit the download link.…
- What is Eclipse?
- Setting up a workspace
- Adding external files to a project
- Installing add-ons
- Refactoring code
- Working with tasks
- Customizing formatting
- Using Git for version control
- Developing Java, PHP, C/C++, Perl, and Python apps with Eclipse
- Setting up testing servers
- Testing apps
- Debugging apps
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Eclipse
2. Working with Code
3. Using Git for Version Control
4. Using Eclipse for Java Development
5. Using Eclipse for PHP Development
6. Using Eclipse for C/C++ Development
7. Using Eclipse for Perl Development
8. Using Eclipse for Python Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.