Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Debugging a Python app, part of Eclipse Essential Training.
- Debugging a Python application in Eclipse…works just like debugging an application written…in any other language.…You create the project, write your code,…add break points, and then hit the debug button.…So I'll create a New Project,…I'll select PyDev Project,…we'll call this Debugging,…and hit Finish.…And then I'll add a module to it…by right-clicking Debugging…and choosing New PyDev Module…and I'll name this debugging…and then hit Finish.…
For Template I'll chose Empty, click OK.…And I'll write some code.…So I have some basic code here…that creates some variables…and prints them out.…So now, in order to use the debugger…we're going to need to add some break points.…So I'll double click in the area left of the line numbers…to add a couple break points.…Once they're added, I'll hit the Debug button,…and then the debugger should open up.…Since I haven't checked Remember my decision…it's asking me if I want to open up the Debug perspective.…
So I'll click Yes and the Debug perspective opens up…as expected and as works…
- What is Eclipse?
- Setting up a workspace
- Adding external files to a project
- Installing add-ons
- Refactoring code
- Working with tasks
- Customizing formatting
- Using Git for version control
- Developing Java, PHP, C/C++, Perl, and Python apps with Eclipse
- Setting up testing servers
- Testing apps
- Debugging apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/09/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Java 9, Java 10, and PHP features in Eclipse 4.8. Plus, learn how to use Eclipse for Rust development.
Edge Animate Essential Trainingwith Chris Converse4h 44m Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Eclipse
2. Working with Code
3. Using Git for Version Control
4. Using Eclipse for Java Development
5. Using Eclipse for PHP Development
6. Using Eclipse for C/C++ Development
7. Using Eclipse for Perl Development
8. Using Eclipse for Python Development
Using Eclipse for Rust Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.