Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Debugging a Perl app, part of Eclipse Essential Training.
- Let's debug a Perl application.…I'm going to make a copy of Testing…by right clicking the Testing project in the Navigator…and choosing Copy.…Then I'll click in the blank space underneath it…and choose Paste.…We'll call this Debugging.…And click OK.…Now I'll open up hello.pl in my Debugging folder…and then I'm going to delete the line of code…that prints Hello World!…Now we'll create a simple application to debug.…We're going to need some variables to look at…so that we can see their values in the debugging menu…and then we'll also have a print statement as well.…
So we'll declare…my $num1 and we'll set that = 1…and then my $num2, we'll set that to = 5…and then my $sum, we'll set that…equal to the value of num1…plus the value of num2.…And then we'll print it all out.…Sum is, then the value of the sum variable.…
Pretty simple application.…We'll save the file and test it out.…And it says, sum is 6.…Now if we want to debug this,…we're first going to need to add some breakpoints.…So I'll add some at 4, 5, and 6.…Unlike Java these are basic breakpoints that…
- What is Eclipse?
- Setting up a workspace
- Adding external files to a project
- Installing add-ons
- Refactoring code
- Working with tasks
- Customizing formatting
- Using Git for version control
- Developing Java, PHP, C/C++, Perl, and Python apps with Eclipse
- Setting up testing servers
- Testing apps
- Debugging apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/09/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Java 9, Java 10, and PHP features in Eclipse 4.8. Plus, learn how to use Eclipse for Rust development.
Edge Animate Essential Trainingwith Chris Converse4h 44m Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Eclipse
2. Working with Code
3. Using Git for Version Control
4. Using Eclipse for Java Development
5. Using Eclipse for PHP Development
6. Using Eclipse for C/C++ Development
7. Using Eclipse for Perl Development
8. Using Eclipse for Python Development
Using Eclipse for Rust Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.