Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Debugging a PHP app, part of Eclipse Essential Training.
- Now, let's debug a PHP app using Xdebug.…I'm going to start by copying the debugging program,…and then I'll paste it inside the PHP Explorer.…I'll call it debugging2.…In debugging2, I'm going to open up index.php…and add some code to debug.…So, let's create some variables.…I'll create one called num1, set it equal to num.…And I'll create one called num2,…set it equal to five.…And then one called sum, that will be…the sum of num1 and num2.…
Now, in the echo statement, I'll modify it to say…Sum is, and then concatenate the value of the sum variable.…So, pretty simple here.…Remember, that in order to debug your code,…you're going to need breakpoints.…So, I'll create a breakpoint on line 12.…Remember, you can create a breakpoint by right-clicking…or double-clicking to the left of the line number…in the Editor.…So, I'll right-click and choose toggle breakpoints.…Unlike with Java, we can't have a watcher variable.…
So, unlike Java, we don't have special breakpoints…that watch variables and methods.…So, we just add regular breakpoints here.…
- What is Eclipse?
- Setting up a workspace
- Adding external files to a project
- Installing add-ons
- Refactoring code
- Working with tasks
- Customizing formatting
- Using Git for version control
- Developing Java, PHP, C/C++, Perl, and Python apps with Eclipse
- Setting up testing servers
- Testing apps
- Debugging apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/09/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Java 9, Java 10, and PHP features in Eclipse 4.8. Plus, learn how to use Eclipse for Rust development.
Edge Animate Essential Trainingwith Chris Converse4h 44m Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Eclipse
2. Working with Code
3. Using Git for Version Control
4. Using Eclipse for Java Development
5. Using Eclipse for PHP Development
6. Using Eclipse for C/C++ Development
7. Using Eclipse for Perl Development
8. Using Eclipse for Python Development
Using Eclipse for Rust Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.