Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Debugging a C++ app, part of Eclipse Essential Training.
- If you're on Windows, debugging in Eclipse…is a simple process.…Just like any other language, you can double click…to the left of the line numbers to add breakpoints…or right click and choose Add Breakpoint…or Toggle Breakpoint and then hit the Debug button.…On a Mac, unfortunately, debugging support…does not ship with CDT.…In addition to that, the debugger that used to come…with Xcode no longer ships with Xcode.…
In order to get a debugger working with CDT,…you have to do a series of complex workarounds,…including installing Xcode, additional components…for Xcode, various command line utilities…and other third-party solutions.…After trying that for a few hours,…I wasn't able to get it to work.…So if you need a debugger and you're doing C…and C++ code in Eclipse, I recommend using Xcode instead.…And you can download Xcode from the Mac App Store.…
- What is Eclipse?
- Setting up a workspace
- Adding external files to a project
- Installing add-ons
- Refactoring code
- Working with tasks
- Customizing formatting
- Using Git for version control
- Developing Java, PHP, C/C++, Perl, and Python apps with Eclipse
- Setting up testing servers
- Testing apps
- Debugging apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/09/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Java 9, Java 10, and PHP features in Eclipse 4.8. Plus, learn how to use Eclipse for Rust development.
1. Introduction to Eclipse
2. Working with Code
3. Using Git for Version Control
4. Using Eclipse for Java Development
5. Using Eclipse for PHP Development
6. Using Eclipse for C/C++ Development
7. Using Eclipse for Perl Development
8. Using Eclipse for Python Development
Using Eclipse for Rust Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.