Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a Python project, part of Eclipse Essential Training.
- Now I'll create a PyDev project.…Make sure that you change your perspective…by clicking the Open Perspective button…and choosing PyDev.…Note that I am working the Chapter 08 workspace as well.…So if you don't have the exercise files,…feel free to create your own folder…and set your workspace to it.…I'm going to click the New button…to create a new project, and I'll choose PyDev Project.…So here, I'll give my project a name.…
I'll call this HelloWorld.…I'll use the default project contents.…Here I can set a project type, I'm just going to use Python.…I'll keep the grammar version at default,…and if you don't see Interpreter there,…you can click the button to configure…an interpreter if one isn't listed.…If you're not taken to this menu,…you can simply click Quick Auto-Config…to configure a Python interpreter.…I can also choose to add a project directory…to the Python path or to create a source folder…or create links to existing sources.…
I'm going to leave those at the defaults…and click Next.…We don't have any other Python projects to reference,…
- What is Eclipse?
- Setting up a workspace
- Adding external files to a project
- Installing add-ons
- Refactoring code
- Working with tasks
- Customizing formatting
- Using Git for version control
- Developing Java, PHP, C/C++, Perl, and Python apps with Eclipse
- Setting up testing servers
- Testing apps
- Debugging apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/09/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Java 9, Java 10, and PHP features in Eclipse 4.8. Plus, learn how to use Eclipse for Rust development.
Edge Animate Essential Trainingwith Chris Converse4h 44m Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Eclipse
2. Working with Code
3. Using Git for Version Control
4. Using Eclipse for Java Development
5. Using Eclipse for PHP Development
6. Using Eclipse for C/C++ Development
7. Using Eclipse for Perl Development
8. Using Eclipse for Python Development
Using Eclipse for Rust Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.