Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a C++ project, part of Eclipse Essential Training.
- So let's make a C++ project.…I'm in Eclipse and I've set my work space…to the Chapter 06 folder.…If you don't have the Exercise Files,…you can set a new work space for these projects…in this chapter if you'd like.…The first thing that we need to do is change to…the C/C++ perspective.…We can do that clicking the Open Perspective button…at the top right of the toolbar.…After you click this button, choose C/C++ and click OK.…Eclipse changes its layout a little bit…for the C and C++ settings.…
Now I'll right click inside of the Project Explorer…and choose New, C++ Project.…Here I'll give my project a name,…call this HelloWorldCPP…and under Executable, I'm going to choose…HelloWorld C++ Project.…Now since I'm on a Mac, I'm going to choose…MacOS10 GCC under Toolchains…and if you're on Windows, make sure you choose…MinGW GCC.…
And now I'll click Next.…Here I can enter information about the author,…copyright, and the HelloWorld greeting.…So I've written these out now, my name as the author…and my name under the copyright,…
- What is Eclipse?
- Setting up a workspace
- Adding external files to a project
- Installing add-ons
- Refactoring code
- Working with tasks
- Customizing formatting
- Using Git for version control
- Developing Java, PHP, C/C++, Perl, and Python apps with Eclipse
- Setting up testing servers
- Testing apps
- Debugging apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/09/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Java 9, Java 10, and PHP features in Eclipse 4.8. Plus, learn how to use Eclipse for Rust development.
Edge Animate Essential Trainingwith Chris Converse4h 44m Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Eclipse
2. Working with Code
3. Using Git for Version Control
4. Using Eclipse for Java Development
5. Using Eclipse for PHP Development
6. Using Eclipse for C/C++ Development
7. Using Eclipse for Perl Development
8. Using Eclipse for Python Development
Using Eclipse for Rust Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.