Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying and customizing formatting, part of Eclipse Essential Training.
- Not only can Eclipse format your code for you,…you can also set custom formatting settings.…Now, these features may not be available in every language…but they are available in multiple languages including Java.…So let's look at how that works.…I have some code here.…Now, what the code's doing is not important right now,…I just want you to recognize that I've messed…with the spacing of some elements…and added extra tabs and line spaces…and inconsistent braces formatting in everything.…
And what we want to do is make this code look pretty.…You may also notice that I've hidden…some parts of the User Interface,…I've minimized the Views on the right…and bottom of the screen so that we have…some extra space to look at our code.…So I can format my code by going to Source…and the Format, or "Shift+Cmd" or "Ctrl" and "F".…So I click that button and all of my formating…is then made consistent,…but let's say I don't like what happens…when I click the formatting button,…I want it to be a little bit different,…for example, I may want my methods…
- What is Eclipse?
- Setting up a workspace
- Adding external files to a project
- Installing add-ons
- Refactoring code
- Working with tasks
- Customizing formatting
- Using Git for version control
- Developing Java, PHP, C/C++, Perl, and Python apps with Eclipse
- Setting up testing servers
- Testing apps
- Debugging apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/09/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Java 9, Java 10, and PHP features in Eclipse 4.8. Plus, learn how to use Eclipse for Rust development.
1. Introduction to Eclipse
2. Working with Code
3. Using Git for Version Control
4. Using Eclipse for Java Development
5. Using Eclipse for PHP Development
6. Using Eclipse for C/C++ Development
7. Using Eclipse for Perl Development
8. Using Eclipse for Python Development
Using Eclipse for Rust Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.