Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting project-specific settings, part of Eclipse Essential Training.
- Eclipse has its own set of Preferences…but you could also set specific Properties for each project.…If I right click my project in the Package Explorer,…and choose Properties, you'll see the Properties window.…So I see Properties for…and then the name of my project right here.…I can expand these different areas…and adjust things like my Linked Resources,…including Path Variables.…If I click Linked Resources I'll see them right here.…
I can modify or delete them there if I want to.…You'll also see specific settings…for the language that you're working in.…Since I'm working in a Java project…I can see Java settings here.…We'll talk more about this…when we talk specifically about Java later on.…Projects can also reference other projects.…This is where you'll see those settings.…In addition to this you'll also notice…that some of these settings, including Task Tags…and some of these Java settings,…have a checkbox at the top that says…Enable project specific settings.…
So if you want to override settings that you have in Eclipse…
- What is Eclipse?
- Setting up a workspace
- Adding external files to a project
- Installing add-ons
- Refactoring code
- Working with tasks
- Customizing formatting
- Using Git for version control
- Developing Java, PHP, C/C++, Perl, and Python apps with Eclipse
- Setting up testing servers
- Testing apps
- Debugging apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/09/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Java 9, Java 10, and PHP features in Eclipse 4.8. Plus, learn how to use Eclipse for Rust development.
1. Introduction to Eclipse
2. Working with Code
3. Using Git for Version Control
4. Using Eclipse for Java Development
5. Using Eclipse for PHP Development
6. Using Eclipse for C/C++ Development
7. Using Eclipse for Perl Development
8. Using Eclipse for Python Development
Using Eclipse for Rust Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.