Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting preferences, part of Eclipse Essential Training.
- You can get to Eclipse preferences…through Window, Preferences on a PC,…and right now I don't see that,…because I'm running on a Mac.…And on the Mac it's under Eclipse, Preferences.…So in Eclipse Preferences,…I'm going to expand the General tab.…In the General tab, under Appearance,…I can control the colors and fonts,…including the fonts used in the editor.…We'll come back to that in just a second.…Also note that I can change…all kinds of other settings in here,…including a web browser that I use…when I'm using a web language.…
I can choose to use a browser inside of Eclipse,…which is an internal browser,…or a browser outside of Eclipse,…an external web browser.…I can use the default one,…or I can set a new one if I want…by clicking the New button.…In Preferences, you'll also see settings…for all kinds of installed technologies,…so right now I'm not running PHP in Eclipse,…but if I were to install PHP,…I would see PHP settings in here.…For now, I'll select Java,…and I can adjust Java settings here.…
If I expand that,…
- What is Eclipse?
- Setting up a workspace
- Adding external files to a project
- Installing add-ons
- Refactoring code
- Working with tasks
- Customizing formatting
- Using Git for version control
- Developing Java, PHP, C/C++, Perl, and Python apps with Eclipse
- Setting up testing servers
- Testing apps
- Debugging apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/09/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Java 9, Java 10, and PHP features in Eclipse 4.8. Plus, learn how to use Eclipse for Rust development.
1. Introduction to Eclipse
2. Working with Code
3. Using Git for Version Control
4. Using Eclipse for Java Development
5. Using Eclipse for PHP Development
6. Using Eclipse for C/C++ Development
7. Using Eclipse for Perl Development
8. Using Eclipse for Python Development
Using Eclipse for Rust Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.