Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding packages, classes, and interfaces, part of Eclipse Essential Training.
- Just like creating Projects in Java,…creating Classes is a simple process.…I'm going to create a new Java Project,…and I'll call this ClassesExample...…and then I'll click Finish.…And in ClassesExample, I'm going to create some classes.…We can right-click my Project…and choose New > Class,…or you can click the New Class button…at the top of the toolbar.…
So I'll click the button to create a new Class.…Now, we've actually done this a few times in our code,…but let's talk about this in a little bit more detail.…I'm going to name the class ExampleClass...…and at the top of the screen I see,…"The use of the default package is discouraged."…So let's define a Package.…I'm going to give my Package a name.…I'll call it com.toddperkins.eclipse,…and you can name your Package whatever you'd like,…or you can click Browse…if you have an existing folder structure…in your file system.…
And you can mark the class…as abstract or final if you'd like.…I'm going to leave those unchecked for now.…Then you can set a Superclass.…So I can Browse and subclass any of the Java Classes I want.…
- What is Eclipse?
- Setting up a workspace
- Adding external files to a project
- Installing add-ons
- Refactoring code
- Working with tasks
- Customizing formatting
- Using Git for version control
- Developing Java, PHP, C/C++, Perl, and Python apps with Eclipse
- Setting up testing servers
- Testing apps
- Debugging apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/09/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Java 9, Java 10, and PHP features in Eclipse 4.8. Plus, learn how to use Eclipse for Rust development.
Edge Animate Essential Trainingwith Chris Converse4h 44m Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Eclipse
2. Working with Code
3. Using Git for Version Control
4. Using Eclipse for Java Development
5. Using Eclipse for PHP Development
6. Using Eclipse for C/C++ Development
7. Using Eclipse for Perl Development
8. Using Eclipse for Python Development
Using Eclipse for Rust Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.