Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding environment variables (Windows only), part of Eclipse Essential Training.
- Now before we can get this to work in Windows,…we'll need to set an Environment Variable.…To set your Environment Variables,…go to the Control Panel, and what you're looking for…is System Settings.…So I'll click the System Settings button…and then I'll click Change Settings to Modify…my System Settings, and I'll go the Advanced tab…and click Environment Variables.…From there I'll click New.…Now the variable I'm going to define is called HOME…in all caps.…
And the variable value is…%USERPROFILE%…it's all one word, all together, all caps.…And now I'll click OK to close that menu,…and the Environment Variables menu,…and the System Properties menu as well.…Now once you've set your Environment Variable,…you need to restart Eclipse, so if you have it open,…just do a quick restart and then you're ready to go.…
- What is Eclipse?
- Setting up a workspace
- Adding external files to a project
- Installing add-ons
- Refactoring code
- Working with tasks
- Customizing formatting
- Using Git for version control
- Developing Java, PHP, C/C++, Perl, and Python apps with Eclipse
- Setting up testing servers
- Testing apps
- Debugging apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/09/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Java 9, Java 10, and PHP features in Eclipse 4.8. Plus, learn how to use Eclipse for Rust development.
Edge Animate Essential Trainingwith Chris Converse4h 44m Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Eclipse
2. Working with Code
3. Using Git for Version Control
4. Using Eclipse for Java Development
5. Using Eclipse for PHP Development
6. Using Eclipse for C/C++ Development
7. Using Eclipse for Perl Development
8. Using Eclipse for Python Development
Using Eclipse for Rust Development
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.